Friday, June 20, 2008

An Art Contest and Ballet


I took the ballet class that my mom takes on Wednesday. She takes classes from a sixty-something year-old lady that is still brilliant. I learned new terms and there was this one where it was like a double pique turn. My mom called it a "lame duck turn."
I was taught some other ones, too, but I can't really remember what they were called. The teacher acknowledged my efforts to the adults that were learning there. She said that it was good to watch beginners. How is it good? I sucked.

I'm trying to draw my baby brother for the art contest coming up. It looks like an old man so far. I try to make it look like a baby, but I end up making its features look too... pointy. He needs to look rounder. Like a baby. Like babies look.
I was originally going to enter a sculpture of a cat, but I was never going to get it finished before the contest. My mom arranged to use the university's kiln that they have in the pottery place, but it wouldn't be able to dry on time. I wanted to paint it white with black spots and green eyes and a pink nose. I'll have to just finish it during my spare time. When it's done I'll probably take a picture of it and display it here. So far I have the head and eyes sculpted.
And that's all.

No comments: