Wednesday, July 30, 2008

No Rope! Just Me Climbing!

I went rock climbing today a Sticks and Stones, the sports store. I didn't have the rope that you wear; those are for private use, but free climbing gave you more exercise. I saw some people from my school and I climbed with them. My mom kept asking me if I was tired yet because I just climbed and climbed nonstop. It was sort of a relief without the rope, but there were still rules to follow which made climbing very limited. I was only allowed to set my feet on footholds that were in my reach while I was on the ground. (I may have broken the rules a little bit.)
I still went as high as I could. It was a relief because without the rope there were no limits (sort of) to my altitude, I was free to go as high as I wanted (as long as I could reach).
It was better than the rock climbing wall at the festival on Monday, because you had to pay five dollars to go up twice, but the free climb wall was only five dollars to climb for the whole day! (And I lasted about an hour.)

1 comment:

lavendergrl said...

Spending the day with you was awesome. Thanks for being my best friend...you little monkey, you!