Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'm gonna barf from all these Tootsie Rolls

Happy Halloween! (Er, late Halloween.)



I have a HUGE amount of candy in a floral pillowcase. In fact, I'm chewing on a large chocolate Tootsie Roll as I type this. The pillowcase is on my lap.

My costume, an orange turtleneck with black felt for a face and a green hat, kept me very warm. I was a jack-o-lantern. We were all jack-o-lanterns, and every house we came to had a person that said, "Aw, cute little matching pumpkin triplets!" (Ethan had gone home with Dad not even halfway through our trick-or-treating.) It kept me very warm during the night, but it was unusual because it was warm last night. We've never had a warm Halloween, until now!

We watched Corpse bride last night. It scared me when it first came out, especially the part with the guy that splits himself in half. But it was cool last night. (For one thing I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't really see Tim Burton's animation flickering on the wall.)

Leigha is watching it again on the projector in the living room. I'm still stuffing myself with Tootsie Rolls.

I guess this is my last year of trick-or-treating. My mom said no more candy past my twelfth birthday, but then we agreed on thirteen from my arguing. So one more year!

2 comments:

lavendergrl said...

Not no more candy! No more Trick-or-treating. Adults really dislike older kids coming for the goodies when there are parties and carnivals and whatnot where you can get them instead. Don't worry. There will be plenty of candy in your future. I am your mother, after all. And you know how much I <3 CANDY!!!

tiedyeparadise said...

He he. Thanks.