Wednesday, December 29, 2010

i want to jump off teh roofs

Christmas was as awkward as I thought it would be. But after the eating of tacos was done, I got to play with electronic trains and cars with my soon-to-be stepbrothers and Ethan, Leigha and Barrett. Somehow all of the children ages five to seventeen were greatly amused by my grandparent's collection of toys for an hour or so, especially the car tracks. We made a game in which all of the cars had to team up together to knock the only train off the tracks. I happened to be controlling the train.
Right now I'm at my almost gramma's house, and I'm sitting in the living room. I'm typing on the computer. Darren is talking on the phone. Mom is reading Mockingjay (which I finished awhile back and it was magnificent). My almost relatives are sitting on the couch across the room. April is reading children's books to herself. I think she's older than I am. My almost stepbrother is making a website. My almost step-aunt is sitting in a chair.
The scene is very animated despite the image that must have been conjured in your head. My almost cousin is talking with my almost stepbrother as he makes his website and people get up to move every few moments.

I came alone, just with Mom and Darren. Ethan, Leigha and Barrett are at my dad's house in Rexburg "helping" him pack--Ethan is probably playing Fable on Xbox, Leigha is most likely playing Animal Crossing on GameCube, Barrett is sitting alone somewhere happily and contentedly moving his toy cars along the floor, Dad is doing whatever he needs to do.
Ethan's birthday was yesterday. I chose Fable III for his present. Dad was a little worried about buying it and thought my mom wouldn't approve. But I told him it'd be fine. Ethan's not easily influenced by things as trivial as video games. Apparently Ethan told Mom he was given a CD for his birthday to cover up the fact that he got a violent game, but I exposed the truth pretty quickly.
Mom was asking me what we did for his birthday and said, "So all he got for his birthday was that CD?" and I said, "A CD? No, we got him Fable Three." then she said, "Oh, is that right?" and I laughed.
"They were probably afraid to tell you. Tavis has it, though." (And I thought that my almost stepbrother having the game justified Ethan's ownership of Fable III, so I hadn't worried about Mom being mad.)
"I know Tavis has it."
So, I really hope she doesn't get upset...I was actually the one to choose the game in the first place, so all the blame rests on me if she deems it inappropriate for a thirteen-year-old.
I want to read Hunger Games again. I'm jealous of the people that don't know what's going to happen. I want to be all excited by it again and reread parts over and over because I love it so much! Ahh. I hate finishing a good book series.

And when Ethan was here he and Tylan and Michael and Tanner were jumping off the roof. I'm jealous.


No comments: