Thursday, December 23, 2010

people with funny hair write good books

I finished A Separate Peace.

I don't normally recommend books from the sixties, or whenever it was written, because I don't like book from that time (normally), because the people had funny hair. But Mom said they still think the same as we do. But yes, I recommend this book. It's good. I think it's a movie, but I haven't seen it. I doubt it does the book justice.

It takes place in the early 1940s. It's about a boy named Gene who has a friend named Phineas (whom everyone calls Finny). Finny is very good at sports and Gene is jealous. They all like to jump from a tree over the river by their school because they believe it will somehow prepare them for the army. I can't tell you much else; it'll give away everything...at first you think the book is a little boring, but it gets very intense later.

So...READ IT YOU LAZY BUMS! :3

No comments: