Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ethan and Emma's Birthday Bash!

So I haven't really posted much lately (or talked to Hamster, my journal, for that matter). I want to tell you about the much anticipated "Ethan and Emma B-Day Bash"!
Only a few of our 25 invited guests arrived. About eight, I think. One was late, and didn't get to swim. I could see he was disappointed.
Lizzy, Emily, Kenzie and I attempted to play Underwater Leapfrog, but much to Lizzy's disappointment we were confused when she tried to explain how to play. We ended up thrashing our arms around in the water and nearly drowning Kenzie, who is considerably shorter than the rest of us. We laughed.
When we were all dry, we tured on Kung Fu Panda and ate pizza and cake. Carson came then, equipped with a swimsuit, towel, and birthday present (which we told the guests not to bring). I wish he could have swam with us, but he enjoyed trying to say the characters in Kung Fu Panda's lines. He did poorly. He quietly mumbled the lines after the actors finished saying them. This cracked me up.
Then Carson sat on Lizzy, and we were all squished on the couch. Laughing, we used all our strength to push him to the floor. Then he sat on me, and Emily and I had to push him again.
Saying good-bye to my friends was sad, because I'd had a memorable experience with them just then. Still, I gave them all hugs in turn, and reluctantly let them leave.
I still don't get why they brought gifts for us when I specifically stated on the invitation:
No presents, please!
Aww, they love me enough to risk death from bringing presents when they are wanted but not needed.

1 comment:

Frasure Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Is that the same Carson from a few years back? He is a nice boy. So are you 12 or 13 now?
PS Mason says thanks and he has been pretty good with the teething. He is celebrating his bday soon too!