Sunday, January 18, 2009

According to my button...

I found a button! I put it on my purple backpack. It's a pretty button.



Ethan and Leigha were spending (or maybe wasting) their time at Dad's house Saturday night. I stayed with Mom so I could go to church the next day. We went to Hollywood Videos and got Ghost Town, and you have to see it because I just about peed my pants it was so funny.


BLAH! I have to tell you about my button!


So we left the movie store and pulled over to Broulim's. Barrett said he wanted a "Lightning Cart", because he is something of a Cars fanatic. A red car-shaped cart was there, and we put Barrett on the seat.


Then I spotted my button!


It was a pretty button. No, it is a pretty button. It has a purple swirly design and a picture of a drum and a picture of a star. It's on lined paper. Then, in big black letters, it says, "The Future is a BIG Place"!


I love my button. My button is very wise.


I bet you guessed this post would lead on to some boring life-changing sort of moral thing. You guessed right! Have a cupcake :)


So, yeah, the future is a big place. I'm excited for Barack Obama's inaguration on the 20th, which is also my Gramma Maddie's birthday, which gives me more reason to be excited. I hope we have some sort of, um, let's say agreement with Iraq and Iran and all those places that start with "Ira". I don't like war. It's sad. I don't care what country you're from, people are still dying, and they are people, just like you. It's sad, no matter what your point of view is. Those people dying had lives, children, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives parents... families that loved them, and didn't want them to go.


And I hope the economy gets better. I don't like it when the economy is sick. It's like when my Mom is sick. She's usually the one caring for me, so I have no idea what I need to do. All the grown-ups fret over money and jobs and I don't know what to do because I'm still considered a child, so I curl up in a ball and go to sleep.


I also hope the animals and forests are cared for better, because I really like cats and bunnies and penguins and monkeys. I don't want them to get hurt! I love animals. And trees, because in the fall on the road Second East all of the leaves are orange and rea and gold. And in the spring it's a yellowy-greenish-pink, because everything is blossoming and new... That's how we need 2009 to be! Like sring! We need a new start, a chance to fix things. I hope it's that way. We don't need this year to be like the previous, wintery, dreary one. There needs to be more love this year. The future is a big place, and I hope we take advantage of it!




2009 is spring!

No comments: