Monday, May 31, 2010

nuclear bombs and other weirdness

I was in a big room with lots of physical challenges, like a small white hill where you had to jump up and grab something at the top. My cousins were there with me and I always lost to them at the challenges and I never won a prize. I was upset at this.
Then the scene changed and I was standing on the outskirts of my hometown, watching as panicked citizens tried to escape and find refuge from the nuclear bombs that Korea was about to launch. I was with three engineers, one a woman and the other two men. We had escaped from town, but we wouldn't be safe from the bomb and its radioactivity. We piled into my mom's old blue station wagon, which apparently was working just fine, and we drove to an old mansion. We somehow were going to survive the explosion by taking refuge in the stairwell fire escape outside. We couldn't let the building collapse on us, though, so we had to stay pressed up against the wall furthest from the house. The female engineer had set up big boards standing vertically above the stairwell in attempt to stop the explosion from reaching us. Now all we could do was wait for the bomb to go off.
We waited anxiously, not knowing if our lives were soon to end or if we would survive. Eventually the bomb went of and the blast violently devastated our mansion. I was terrified. Once the explosion had done its work, I saw that the woman had died--and I had too. But luckily, I still got to watch my dream.
The Koreans had discovered that the bomb had not killed everyone it was supposed to, so the two surviving engineers learned that the Koreans were going to launch the Assassin--a supposedly more deadly weapon than the previous nuclear bomb. The engineers didn't know what to expect from the new bomb, so they continued to cower helplessly in the stairwell. I watched as the bomb went off, but not only was there an explosion, but a flow of boiling lava commenced to flow and smother everything. I watched in terror (in my dead form) as lava poured into the stairwell and killed the engineers.
The scene changed again. I was in something like a giant aquarium with fish, except I was alive and I could breathe. Every once in a while a cloud of black smoke would fill a large section of the aquarium and pull some frightened fish inside. I always managed to avoid it. When the black smoke was absent, the place was relatively cheerful and I talked to other people inside.
I left the aquarium and stood outside with my friend Joseph. There were white pillars outside of it. They looked sort of Greek. We were watching something on a laptop and some other people were with us. Someone was telling us about the nuclear bomb that devastated Idaho and its residents and I was feeling scared and sick. I was standing close to Joseph--too close for comfort if this were reality, but I felt less scared when he was there. I laid my head on my shoulder and he laid his atop mine, and he comforted me as we watched a video of the nuclear bomb.

No comments: